NHS Weight Management Support Material
You may feel your weight is an issue and unsure what you can do about it. This is a structured NHS weight management programme for adults aged 16 and over.
We know that losing weight can be hard. Whether you’ve been advised to lose weight to improve your health, or just want to feel better about yourself, the Up and Active team in East Lancashire can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
These activities are supported by online resources and information to help you reach your goals. Please click on the following link:
NHS weight loss guide,
The Weight Management programme runs for 12 weeks and provides you with the knowledge and skills to achieve and maintain a healthier weight.
The programme provides:
- Structured weight loss programme based on calorie control (1400 women/ 1900 men)
- Calculates BMI (which will also calculate personal calorie intake)
- Structured weekly health topics WK1 -12
- Evidence based guidelines
- Links to Healthy Recipes (recipe finder)
- Weekly Action plans
- Tips/ Did you know?
- Links to 5-10 minutes exercise/ stretch/tone video clips
- Online forum chat (followers 30,499/ 13,388 posts)
- Calorie counter (access to 150,000 foods)
Examples of topics covered:
- Fad diets/bariers/motivation
- Portion size/food labels
- Eatwell guide/meal planning
- Activity tasters
- Benefits of exercise
If you are not sure, require any more information or wish to register on a supervised programme, please contact us